A password is a string of characters used to gain access to a resource.
Given the ASCII code, and n characters, you have various possibilities :
- uppercase or lowercase = 26^n combinations
- uppercase or lowercase + numbers = 36^n combinations
- uppercase and lowercase = 52^n combinations
- ucase + lcase + numbers = 62^n combinations
- ucase + lcase + numbers + special chars = 95^n combinations (printable ASCII set)
Given a standard password of 8 characters, with all printable ASCII characters you'll have 95^8 circa 7 million billion combinations.
Password length should always be >= 8
©2011-19 dario tratzi | polutropon.it
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.